How to Block Removable Storage on a Specific Endpoint:
- Select a client PC from the USB-Lock-RP management console network list.
- Add computers to groups by right clicking on the selected machine and choosing a group. (optional)
- Click on the left side lock.
Done!, you have just protected the selected computer removable drives sector. Now the following devices will be blocked: USB, eSATA and Firewire drives, Mobile phones (MTP Protocol), Smart cards.
How to Block Removable Storage on a Group of Endpoints:
By default 5 groups are created, and all new installed clients will belong to group 1 as seen on the groups column, so you are ready to block removable storage on all computers at this point.
- Rename groups using the group rename function.(optional.)
- Add computers to groups by right clicking on the selected machine and choosing a group name.(optional.)
- Click the Group security button and choose the group name, sector (e.g., Removable drives), desired action (e.g., Protect) and press OK.
Great! you just Locked down removable drives sector on all computers that belong to the chosen group. You will see all computers in that group changing its security status to protected in real-time.
How to Whitelist Thumb drives and Smartphones:
Authorizing specific USB pen drives and Mobile phones is as easy, just insert the device you need to authorize (at the control or at the client) and press authorize. Done!
Besides USB Device Control (Removable Storage Sector), Three other sectors to manage are available and are as easy to protect: CD/DVD Sector, iRDA/Bluetooth Sector, and WiFi Sector.
All blocked or authorized device connection to any client computer automatically generate an alert event stored encrypted at Control server. This records are readable from within the Central USB-Lock-RP Device Control Interfase and show date-time, Hardware ID, logged user & machine name.
All blocked devices at endpoint client generate a full screen alert visible at client bearing the licensed organization logo at top-left corner.